Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Review: Venus Breeze Razor


(Image source: www.drugstore.com)
With summer comes lots of shaving. And let me tell you, I HATE SHAVING. Don't get me wrong, I do shave regularly, but I dread it every time I jump in the shower. After a few minutes, you have to re-direct the shower head so the water doesn't hit your legs, bust out the shave cream, open it, squirt some out, spread it on the legs, close the shave cream, reach for the razor without getting your leg wet, keep your leg propped up, shave, rinse, repeat on every other hairy part of your body. You all know the drill.

So let me tell you how relieved I was when I saw this new(er) Venus Breeze razor stocked on my local Walmart shelves. I have always been a huge fan of Venus, and figured I'd give this particular one a go.

What I love about this razor is the fact that its a razor and shave gel in one. So when its time to shave, you make sure your leg/skin is nice and wet, wet the razor, and get to shaving. And, you don't have to worry about your leg/skin getting wet while shaving it, because the extra water actually helps! No more one legged standing, hoping not to slip and fall, and cutting yourself.

What I don't like is that the strips that are the shave gel don't last super long. If I shave my underarms daily, (which I do), and my legs every other day, the strips dont last much more than I'd say 10 or so uses. Which techinically isn't horrible for a disposable razor. But, you can still use the razor once the shave gel strips wear down as long as the blades are still sharp, you just have to use a shave cream.

The strips do get slightly gooey once in use, but I actually like that. I saw some people review this saying they don't like how they get gooey, but its more of a slick feeling than gooey. Its not thick, but there is a definite slickness from the strips. It rinses right off though.

So, if you're like me and dread the shaving ritual, scoop this baby up and give it a try. You're sure to fall in love like I did!


Have you tried this razor? Tell me about it in the comments!


Til next time!

4 comments:

Laura Faye said...

Thanks for the review, I need to buy a new razor for when I go away next week, do you know if they sell this in the UK? x

Posey said...

Laura, Im not sure if they do. If they carry other Venus razors, they should carry this one as well.

Unknown said...

i hate shaving my legs. Im lazy lol. thanks for this post. I'll check this out.

Jem said...

i haven't even seen this here in the philippines..
but i will try it once i get a hold of it..

i actually like the gooey stuff for it makes shaving a lot more easier..plus it makes my legs feel smoother afterward...unlike shaving cream